One on One with Lizzi

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Re: One on One with Lizzi

Post  Fennec on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:31 am

An hour later, Peyton was in a comfy bed piled with blankets, and Sam was standing in the doorway talking to a tall girl with long blond hair and wide brown eyes. "Sam, stay in the living room. I can't have you in here right now. She's too weak, and you'll make it worse..."

liek hay gurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:37 am

Peyton was dreaming, beads of sweat starting to form on her brow. A night mare had crept it's way into her mind and she began to shift uneasily in the bed. Peyton's eye brows knitted together and soft pained mumbles started forming under her breath. There was fire every where, she was dreaming about the death of her family. Again.
Peyton
annnnnddddd you're fabulous.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:01 am

Sam glanced over Tessa's shoulder and frowned. "She's having nightmares! I need to be with her..." He pushed Tessa aside and pulled a chair up next to the bed so he could sit with Peyton and hold her hand.

liek hay gurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:11 am

After about thirty minutes of her mumbling and tossing around she finally woke with a start. "Mom!" She shouted and shot up. When the pain set in and she realized where she was she slowly laid herself back down with a grimace. "How long have I been out?" she asked looking over at Sam who was now holding her hand.
Peyton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:31 am

Sam smiled. "About two hours, honey. We're safe for now, at my friend Tessa's house. She's a nurse. She's making you all better. Okay?" He brought her hand to his lips and kissed each of her fingertips.

liek hay gurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:38 am

Peyton looked around the room and her eyes rested on a tall blonde girl. Forcing a pained smile she looked back to Sam. 'You look really tired," Peyton said and frowned. She didn't know what they were going to do. She was in a lot of pain, but she didn't want to stay too long and intrude or be found.
Peyton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:37 am

Sam forced a smile back at Peyton. "Uh, yeah. Yeah, I'm pretty tired, babydoll. Tess isn't gonna let me sleep in the bed or in a chair. But I'll get her to set up an air matress or something. I won't leave your side until you get better, Peyton." He leaned in and kissed her lightly.

liek hay gurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:58 am

Peyton looked over at Tess, "Sam is alright isn't he?" She asked and glanced over at his broken leg that was still in a cast. He had gotten pretty beaten up when he had come down to get her she assumed. Biting her lip she looked between the two of them over and over.
Peyton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:21 am

Tessa smiled finally. She had a very nice smile, full of perfectly straight white teeth. "Yes, Sam is alright. But Sam needs to sleep," she said, pulled the golden-haired boy from his chair. Sam laughed and bumped his shoulder against Tessa. She pushed him away playfully and started setting up the air mattress for him.

liek hay gurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:27 am

Peyton nodded and sighed, she was in so much pain. "I wish I could just fall asleep and never wake up.." She mumbled and shut her eyes. What caused her to be here? All of this pain? She was pulling so many wonderful people into a huge mess. Guilt was beginning to way on her.
Peyton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:08 am

Sam shot a look at Peyton and went absolutely still. "Don't say that," he whispered. "After all we've gone through, after every touch and kiss and broken bone and scrape, you have no right to say that." He got closer to the bed. "If you died right now, or if you just fell asleep and never woke up, I wouldn't be able to..." His voice cracked and he suddenly stepped away from Peyton as if she burned him. He took a great, shuddering breath. "I'm gonna go... take a shower or something." He turned and slowly walked out of the room.

liek hay gurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:16 am

Peyton hadn't intended for him to hear what she said but, he did. Lunging forward Peyton tried to go after him but only collapsed onto the floor. "Dammit!" Peyton hissed pounding a closed fist on the floor. Pain was really shooting through her now, not only physically, but emotionally as well. Peyton was always number one as screwing things up. Always.
Peyton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:34 am

Tessa sighed and helped Peyton back into bed. "Sweetheart, just let Sam cool down. He's running on empty. He's barely eaten or slept since you got hurt. He needs a hot shower and some rest. It's not your fault," she said reassuringly. "I've known him a really long time. He was still in diapers," she chuckled, giving a small smile. She uncorked a bottle of pills and handed Peyton a glass of water. "Take these. Its just morphine. I'm guessing you're in quite a lot of pain."

liek hay gurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:55 am

Peyton flinched when Tessa touched her but, realized she had clothes blocking their skin from touching. When she gingerly took the glass of water she looked the room over. There was the smell of solvent in the air she had been to distracted to smell before. "You guys sprayed so I didn't burn anything?" She asked a little pleased with how well they had prepared.
Peyton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:22 pm

Tessa stared at Peyton, looking confused. "Uhm... what do you mean? Are you fond of burning things?" There was an uncertain note in her voice, and for a second, Tessa looked very disturbed. "If you need to burn something, can you maybe, um, refrain from doing so inside the house?"

liek hay gurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:26 am

Peyton sighed and, with a lot of effort, reached over and grabbed some blank paper. When she touched it the paper ignited in flames but, it took like than normal and was a pile of ash. "Understand?" She asked. Then she sighed and looked herself over. "My powers are really dull right now," She breathed. "You're going to want to spray down this room with retardant soon," She informed Tessa.
Peyton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:36 am

Tessa's eyes widened and she scrambled away until her back hit the wall, hard. "Sammy!" she screamed. She shrieked for him until he appeared in the doorway, huge-eyed and sopping wet, barely holding a towel around his waist. The towel was the only thing covering him. "What?! What's wrong?!" He looked around, ready to kick ass, but was very confused to see Tessa cowering in the corner of the room, without any actual sign of danger. "Uhmm?"

liek hay gurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:41 am

Peyton's expression was hurt. Like she was a puppy who had just been kicked. With all of her might Peyton pushed herself out of bed and limped past Tessa and past Sam. Her teeth were gritted so hard together that Peyton thought her gums may have started to bleed. It was mind blowing that Peyton could walk at all. After all she had been through, she couldn't take another single person cowering from her, getting hurt by her, seeing her for the monster she really was.
Peyton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:52 am

Sam's eyes widened further and he spun around. "Peyton, what the hell?! Get back in bed before you kill yourself!" He reached out and grabbed her hand tightly.

liek hay gurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:59 am

Peyton muffled a very pained sound. It was like a scream and a whimper all hidden in her throat. "L-let go," She stuttered. "I'm not going to stay here," she looked so hurt in more than a million ways, "i'm not a monster, I won't be treated that way," she said the word monster softly, as though she didn't believe she wasn't one.
Peyton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:29 am

Sam let go of Peyton,s hand, but he blocked her way. "I'm not letting you leave. Your injuries will kill you before you can make it three hundred yards from the front door. I—" Sam was cut off by a low moaning sound. Tessa was standing the doorway to the room, shaking like a leaf. "She... she set the paper on fire without a lighter, or any matches... Sammy, what's going on?" She sounded like a little girl now, and she scrambled over to Sam and half hid behind him, wrapping her arms around his elbow. She didn't seem to notice or care that he was practically naked. He frowned and looked at Peyton. "Peyton isn't going to hurt you, Tessa. She's a sweet girl, and she just wants to get better. She's kind of like me and my animals. Okay, Tessy?" She hesitated before nodding slightly. Then Sam returned his attention to Peyton. "I think for her, it's normal to be afraid of someone who can set stuff on fire with their brain. I'd be afraid too, if I didn't know you better Peyton. A power that great scares people. To be honest, I am a little frightened of your fire. But that's completely normal. Tessa didn't mean to upset you. You were just so sudden, it shocked her. Please, please go lay back down," he begged. He was starting to shiver in the cool air of the hallway. His lack of clothes wasn't helping.

liek hay gurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:40 am

Peyton's expression hardened at his words. Quickly and forcibly Peyton went back into the room and slammed shut the door, locking it. She was going to heal on her own with out anyone's help. She didn't ask for Tessa or even Sam to be here. When she made it to the bed Peyton laid herself down as slowly and lightly as she could. If she kept exerting herself like that then she would never get better. It might even kill her if she weren't careful.
Peyton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:47 am

Sam stared at the door for a minute then turned away and sighed. Ten minutes later, he had on new clothes and was unlocking Peyton's door with a key that Tessa had given him. He barely glanced at Peyton as he walked in and laid down on the air mattress.

liek hay gurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:52 am

With out moving Peyton kept her eyes on the ceiling. She didn't want to talk to anyone, see anyone, be with anyone. Maybe she was better off not being liked. Not having anyone try to 'help' her or 'protect' her. A small sigh parted her lips and she finally closed her eyes. She probably needed some sleep.
Peyton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:03 am

Sam didn't speak or move for a long time. He waited until the sun had set. He knew Peyton was still awake by the sound of her breathing. After a moment of hesitation he whispered quietly, "I'm sorry Peyton. I love you."

liek hay gurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum